Welcome to my 'toolbox'
After nearly ten years of continued education, starting my own business, and regular involvement in side projects from internships to community volunteering; I've tested a LOT of products and services. Trust me when I say, these are some of my favorite tools.
From staying organized to making my business run smoothly, I'm a huge advocate for keeping my overhead low. Most of my favorite tools are free, offer great trial periods or come at a reasonable price. Anything you find here, I personally use, have tested, and recommend*.
Specifically for your Business
- Squarespace: With drag and drop templates even the least tech savvy person can create a beautiful, easy to use website.
- GSuite: Do you already know and love Gmail? Now enjoy having your own personal branded email account @yourbusiness.com.
- Dubsado: This is the one service I kick myself for not finding sooner. Track leads, work proposals, send invoices, and set up automated workflows. Simply do business, better. (Enjoy 20% off your first month or year with my referral code: h4h)
- Square and PayPal: Especially when synced with Dubsado invoices, this will easily allow clients to pay however they prefer. Enjoy the same transaction fee with either service.
- Zapier and IFTTT: Put the term, work smarter not harder, to modern use. These recommendations are perfect for getting separate apps to work together.
Do you have a business process you regular run? Keeping track of new subscribers, when a payment is received or maybe when and where a new lead lands on your site? Get more done without having to do it.
- Slack: Work with a team or have simultaneous projects running that fall under different categories? Slack is a great place for communicating and storing information. Although largely used for larger teams I find some great ways to use this even as a business of one.
*Some of these links are affiliate links. I may get a small discount or bonus when you purchase or try services through these links. I only recommend products/services/books/etc that I currently use or have used in the past. I like to think I've done the years of research so you don't have to. Enjoy the time you're sure to save!